Tired of getting confused by hearing lots of different online marketing terms such as SEO, SEM, PPC, CPC, CRM, PR, SERP, SMM, SMO and more?
In the online marketing field, jargon and abbreviations are constantly thrown around which can be very confusing to those who are not clued up with the latest developments in the world of advertising on the World Wide Web. At Echo, we wanted to let you into our world of digital marketing and explain a little more into what these terms mean and also how our services can help your business.
Every time you look for something online using a search engine, hundreds and thousands of pages of results come back. It is likely that the exact thing you are looking for has been found but is buried a few pages deep and the chance of you clicking through until you find it is extremely minimal.
SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimisation which simply means adapting a website and performing a range of tasks to make your pages rank higher in search engines such as Google. The higher you rank in Google the more likely people are to click on your website. Ask yourself how often you click on page 2 on Google? Typically less than 10% of users bother to navigate onto Page 2, the tenth position receives a very small 2.2% and over 33% of the traffic goes to the Holy Grail, organic position No 1.
Your website is a marketing tool, make sure it’s working for you!
The below facts are a prime example of why if you don’t rank well your website and online presence needs optimising, which is where we can help. At Echo Web Solutions, we have provided our tailored SEO service to a large number of clients over the years and have completely transformed their Google rankings, which in turn increased their traffic, online conversion rates and made thousands upon thousands of surplus profit. Nowadays if you’re looking for a product or service, you search this online – this is why it is extremely vital to ensure that your business is found first ahead of your competitors.
Our plans allow you to carry on doing what you love and do best, running your business! Whilst we use our own expertise to ensure that your online presence flourishes and sales are generated from your website. Our managed digital marketing plans mean you have more time to sell your services/products and we can handle all of the jargon, but just in case you are interested there’s a cheatsheet below with some of the main terms within digital marketing:
- SEO – Search Engine Optimisation, which is the general term used for the process in improving your search engine rankings.
- SEM – Search Engine Marketing, which is another general term used to describe the process of marketing your website to boost website traffic.
- PPC – Pay Per Click, which is a type of paid advertising on platforms such as Google, where you pay a fee each time someone clicks an advert to go to your website.
- CPC – Cost Per Click, which is the price you pay per click onto your website from an advert.
- CRM – Customer Relationship Management, this is a phrase that refers to strategy, software and technologies that businesses use to manage their customers and interactions.
- PR – PageRank, this is a term used to describe the algorithm used by Google to rank in their search engine results.
- SERP – Search Engine Results Page, this is the page which your website is displayed on for a certain search phrase/term.
- SMM – Social Media Management, is a general term coined to describe the management of social media accounts to help boost customer interaction and website traffic.
- SMO – Social Media Optimisation, is another general term coined to describe the management of social media accounts to help boost customer interaction and website.
Why choose Echo Web Solutions?
Our ‘secret sauce’ isn’t actually that much of a secret, but we sure know what we’re talking about when it comes to Digital Marketing.
The key to successful SEO and digital marketing is that there is not one single solution which can be applied to every business, that’s why for each individual client we can formulate a strategy to improve your online presence no matter what your budget. We know every business works and operates differently, so we will devise a plan which allows us to best optimise your business online.
Get in touch with us today and let us get started on creating a bespoke strategy for your business to ensure your website is working for you and continuously generates leads, which boosts your profit!Contact Us Give Us A Call Message Us